“….the Sport Rider Scooter, by Drive Medical, that was more like the Harley Davidson ridden by The Terminator than a scooter. I know my mates at The National Association of Bikers with a Disability will love it.”
Mik Scarlett, Disability Now, June 2011 issue.
This stylish new Sport Rider was inspired by some of the leading designs in the Motorcycle industry. This moves away from the traditional type of scooter, creating desirability and excitement to the driving experience.
The Sport Rider is our modern design 8mph scooter that includes all the tried and tested benefits of the Drive range. This easy to operate vehicle provides state of the art performance and will give years of dependable service.
Using technology borrowed from the automotive industry the all round suspension provides excellent ride quality and handling, making a cruise on the Sport Rider both exhilarating and comfortable.
The Sport Rider carries the Drive brand; this ensures a focus on Comfort, Style, Performance and Reliability.
Features include: –
• Comfortable rotating sport style seat with sliding and reclining facility
• 4mph Pavement and 8mph maximum road speed settings*
• Weight carrying capacity 28 stone (180kg)
• 31 mile range*
• Telescopic front motorbike suspension for optimal handling
• Throttle lever with automatic safe-braking system
• Motorbike style wheels with chrome mud guards
• All round lighting, inc large headlight, front/rear indicators and rear brake lights
• Twin dial digital dash
• Trip computer with odometer
• Fully auto Easy to use “Self Diagnostic” fault-finding system
• Excellent manoeuvrability and turning circle
• Easy to use controls
• Height adjustable headrest
• Twin rear view mirrors
• Large accommodating footwell with anti slip rubber mat
• Additional Hand Brake
• Angle adjustable handle bars
• Key ignition for security
• Rear bumper provides additional protection
• Anti tip wheels
• Width adjustable armrests
• Road and pavement legal
• Optional Lockable and removable rear pannier
• Large seat back storage pocket
*Subject to conditions of use